Our goal is to be the safest place you visit outside of your house.
From the time you decide to book an appointment at Island Massage Therapy, to the time you walk out our door feeling fantastic; we’re trying to make the experience safe, secure, and easy. Here’s how your appointment will flow:
- All sessions will be prepaid with a credit card on file. If you don’t already have a credit card on file with us, we’ll collect that information when the appointment is made. After that, you can extend or enhance your session, or even buy products without having to touch your cash, check or credit card.
- Our office door will remain locked at all times. Please wait until your appointment start time in your car or outside on our deck in our socially distanced chairs. When it’s time for your appointment to start, your therapist will meet you outside and escort you into the office. There will be no admission into our office by anyone other than clients with appointments, and staff.
- Masks or face coverings required at all times by all people. In order to protect you and protect ourselves, we’ll all be wearing masks at all times while in our office.
- Temperature checks. Everyone entering the office will need to have an electronic temperature check each time you come in.
- Wellness checks. Everyone entering the office will need to answer health questions about exposure to and possible symptoms of Covid-19 each time entering the office.
- Hand sanitizer. Everyone entering the office will need to apply hand sanitizer every time you enter the office.
- Air Purifiers. We’ve added 3 large room (400 square feet of coverage) air purifiers that will run in the treatment rooms(100 square feet) during all treatment sessions. These purifiers use UV to disinfect the intake air.
- Air Filtration. The vents have been cleaned, and professional grade MERV 13 HEPA filters have been added to the system and are replaced 3 times more frequently than recommended.
- Masks and Face Coverings. Even during the treatment session, the nose and mouth must remain covered. If you are unable to comfortably wear a mask during the session, we will set up a secondary ‘breath catching’ layer of linens using waterproof pillowcases. Clients may choose to have nose and mouth covered with a spa towel while face up on the table.
- Mask hygiene. We provide bags for the masks, if it must be removed, so the mask won’t contact any other surface in the treatment room.
- Hand Sanitizer, again. Clients will need to use hand sanitizer immediately before getting on the table, and immediately after re-dressing at the end of the session before opening the treatment room door.
- Firmer table with fewer layers. Blankets and robes are available by request. We’ve removed all the extra layers of padding, mattress covers, fleece and pillows. You’ll find a table made up with sheets only, and all supports will either be covered in vinyl or be washable towels.
- Touch-less office experience. We’ve designed the entire client experience to be virtually touch free while you’re inside our office.
- Limited contact experience. We’ve also designed the entire client experience to minimize contact with other people. While in our office, clients will only be within 6 feet of the therapist with whom they’re working.
- Enhanced cleaning. We’ve removed all the soft items from the client areas of the treatment rooms so that everything that can be touched, or have items placed on it, will be cleaned with EPA approved cleaners after each session.
- Extended cleaning time. We’re adding an extra 15 minutes, for a total of 30, between sessions to allow for the extra cleaning, changing of clothes, and disinfection of the laundry.
- Wrap up and departure changes. We’ll be wrapping up your session in your treatment room. Your therapist will step back into the room to schedule your next session and share any final information. You’ll then be escorted to the front door where the therapist will unlock and open the door for your departure.
Other changes in our office:
- Therapists will be changing masks and shirts after every client.
- Clean laundry is now stored in a room of it’s own; not in the same room as the washer/dryer.
- Touch-less faucets have been added to the sinks.
- Staff will be limited to one person per room in the office at a time.
- We’re doubling the number of professional cleanings done on the office.
- No waiting in our waiting room. No one will be waiting inside either before or after a session.
We want your session to be as wonderfully relaxing and deeply therapeutic as always; with the additional peace of mind of knowing we’ve thought through all the details necessary to create a safe and secure environment for you, and for us.