How Does Massage Enhance Relationships?
Glad you asked! A healthy couple is a happy couple, and if you and your partner are looking to become healthier together … getting massage is the perfect place to start. If you and your significant other are suffering from chronic pain or just in need of some TLC, massage can help relax and ease the tension so you both can enjoy spending time together. When both of you are getting massage you don’t have to feel selfish, because you’re both taking the time out for much needed self-care.
Here are 5 Ways Your Relationship Benefits When You Are Both Getting Massages:
- It’s Double the Benefits. Receive all the benefits of massage times two, including double the relaxation. Every relationship goes through tough times, whether caused by a difficult life event or lack of communication. Getting regular massages can decrease cortisol while increasing frontal delta brainwaves, causing you to feel more relaxed … less stress equals the ability to handle challenges better bringing you both closer together.
- 1st Time Massage – if your partner has never had a massage before this is a great way for you to introduce them to a new experience. You can help ease their worries through your experience with massage.
- Increased Affection – Massage increases a release in the body of many feel-good hormones, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin (otherwise known as the cuddle chemical). This helps couples feel connected and happy increasing feelings of affection and intimacy.
- Encourages Bonding – if the relationship has been experiencing tension, if you’ve been frustrated or arguing with one another; massage can help you let go of all that. Be present in your massage, let the past go and for the time in the massage room don’t worry about the future. After a massage you’ll be better able to set conflict aside, and in other aspects of your life as well.
- Professional Massage – Getting massage from your partner can be sensual and enjoyable, but when you work with a Licensed Massage Therapist it encourages you to open up your body and your mind in ways your partner cannot manage. You’ll be more relaxed and able to receive the benefits of massage. A skilled massage therapist will find all the right places in your bodies leaving you and your partner completely relaxed. There’s no fumbling around or wondering if it’s going to meet your needs, receive your pain or reduce your stress.
Experiencing all these health and relationship benefits of massage, can easily open up the door to a new healthy lifestyle for your relationship. From discovering new healthy foods to signing up for a fun class, this could be a new interest for you both to share. Self-care is important and massage therapy should not be considered a luxury it should be part of routine life for both of you!
So hurry up! What are you waiting for? We’ve made it easy you can book online at: www.IslandMassageOnline.com if your not tech savvy or just like to talk to a human, of course we’d love to hear from you: 727.864.6688 Make Your Appointment Today!
Written by: Patricia Iorio, Licensed Massage Therapist (MA64528) and Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner. She has been spreading the power of touch for 12 + years and is now using the power of words to encourage living a healthy lifestyle.