As of March 2020, we are closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus in our area and will make business adjustments as the situation unfolds.
Massage businesses in the State of Florida are licensed and inspected by the Florida Department of Health. At all times, we follow the cleanliness directives from the state, including:
- Washing, disinfecting and sanitizing all sheets, head-rest covers, pillow cases, towels and robes after every use.
- Wiping with a disinfecting wipe all headrests, tables, doorknobs, light switches, product containers, equipment and props after every use.
- Washing our hands, forearms, elbows and feet after each client contact.
- Supplying hot water and soap at all sinks for clients and staff use.
- Wiping with a disinfecting wipe all armrests, door knobs and bars, desks, chairs, door knobs, water fountains, keyboards and office equipment daily.
We’ve redoubled our efforts and are cleaning everything touched by people multiple times throughout the work day.
We are asking clients, staff and visitors to our office to help out by using hand sanitizer when they come in, and throughout their stays as needed. If you sneeze or cough; please use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth, dispose of that tissue immediately and use hand sanitizer or wash your hands. We may not shake your hand or hug as often as usual, please don’t be offended if we offer you the elbow bump or namaste hands instead.
We are asking clients and staff to stay home if they meet any of the current criteria from the CDC and Florida Department of Health as potential risks for contracting Coronavirus
- Running a fever with in the last 72 hours
- Having a dry cough
- Traveled on a cruise ship or internationally in the last 14 days
- Exposed to anyone with the virus or who is symptomatic
If you meet any the above criteria, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
We have not had any occurrences of Coronavirus in our office, nor have we had anyone who has been diagnosed, tested or quarantined in our office. We are constantly monitoring the latest developments thru the Florida Department of Health, the Pinellas County Health Department, the CDC and the WHO. We’ll make adjustments to our business if needed as conditions change.
Thank you for being a part of our business as we all navigate this pandemic together.
Island Massage Therapy